Saturday, August 14, 2010

Electric Sound Of Joy - Total Turn



It was along time ago when my favorite magazine, Select, would introduce me to bands like Electric Sound Of Joy. This was before the interweb took over of course, and like the magazine, Electric Sound Of Joy didn't last much longer either. Anyhow, Total Turn is an absolute gem and still gives me joy to this day. Repeated listens a must, and scrounge for the very little discography that exists by this wonderful band. Only A few songs with vocals were released before the singer jumped ship, but their instrumental kraut pop worked very well for them too. Total Turn was their debut. A total classic if you ask me. If anyone has the b-side to this single, please share!

A: Total Turn
B: Our Flag

3 comments:

DCW said...

Excellent! Just passed by this page while looking up information on this lovely band.
Here's a somewhat rough recording of Our Flag I ripped myself from the 7" a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/cMh2wqva/02_Our_Flag.html

Jus said...

Thank you so much for 1: Being the first person to leave a comment in months and 2: the Our Flag rip! Been dying to hear it forever! Cheers and thank you!

Max said...

Great to hear this again! I've actually got the 7" single but have no turntable to play it on at the moment!