Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Mock Turtles - And Then She Smiles



Lately it's been all Zep and TFF for me but I'm branching out today with this wonderful single from The Mock Turtles. I was baggy and this fit right in with my agenda at the time. I might like Strings And Flowers more but And Then She Smiles is a near perfect pop song, all sugary sweet but not in a Stone Roses kinda way. The real gem here however is the Can U Dig It? remix because any remix of Can U Dig It? is good, no?

Dig It Here...

2 comments:

Darren said...

Never understood why the Mock Turtles never got the credit they deserved back in the day. Their songs stand the test of time better than most.

Maybe their songs were too tuneful . . . too timeless to be properly appreciated by the musos and the poseurs both then and now.

I guess the Coogan brother connection didn't help either . . .

Charlotte said...

I am trying to find out how to use the Mock Turtles version of their song Can you Dig it" for a non-profit tree-planting effort in Fountain Hills, AZ. We will be doing a u tube video, and their song is perfect for the dance moves.Any clue whre to start?